Sunday, August 1, 2010

Time for lunch in Miraflores


It has been close to 20 years since I have been to Miraflores, population 1389.  Last time Jay and I were there, we each bought handcrafted leather belts. Still have them, although mine apparently has shrunk, as there is no way I could get it around my waist these days. In those days there were only dirt roads, very little electricity and not so much indoor plumbing.  Now all the streets are paved and have lights. Everybody has indoor plumbing and our waitress, Raquela, spent all here free time in the Picacho on  Facebook. It is absolutely everywhere down here.
The menu
The restaurant
Lovely Mamacita, Raquelas abuela?

Raquela, our waitress

By the way, Jay had vegetarian enchiladas and I had the machaca beef.  Both came with the ever present beans and rice and fresh corn tortillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment